Friday, April 10, 2009

Kevin Gregg blew a save? Get used to it Cubs fans


Kevin Gregg let up 2 in the 9th and blew the game this afternoon to let the Brewers win over the Cubs.

Should this surprise anyone?

It doesn't surprise me.

In my 40 Fearless Predictions, I said Kevin Gregg was going to be a flop in Chicago... and I stand by that.

In a two week stretch last year between August 15th and August 29th
Gregg blew three saves for the Marlins and lost another game, making his ERA skyrocket from 2.29 to 3.79.

But most importantly, the Marlins went from 2 1/2 games behind the Mets for first place in the East to 7 games out.

He basically torpedoed the amazing run the Marlins went on and spoiled a chance to see a team with a $20 million payroll contend in September.

He couldn't take the heat in Florida... better hand him the keys to the bullpen in Wrigleyville.

Lou. Put Marmol in as the closer NOW!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    I just like the valuable info you provide to your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm
    fairly sure I'll be informed a lot of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the following!

    Stop by my web site How Much Should I Weigh For My Height And Age

    ReplyDelete