Saturday, May 16, 2009

Marlins flopping on the deck

On April 19th, I said the real test for the Marlins would begin.

We would see if their 11-1 record had more to do with playing a hapless Nationals team or was a sign that they were indeed a contender.

I think we got a definitive answer.

They are now 2 games under .500... OVERALL!!!!

In a month they completely squandered a 10 game cushion. They are 6-18 since then.

Imagine how much easier Santiago's life would have been if he caught a marlin this lifeless!

But I am not giving up on this team. I picked that they would win 90 games and I pick the destination, not the journey.

Besides, May is not a good months for marlins. As Hemmingway said May is "the month when the great fish come. Anyone can be a fisherman in May"

Maybe it will be harder to reel them in in June

How many baseball blogs drop a Hemmingway reference on you this early in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment